Manchester City star Benjamin Mendy has been charged with a seventh count of rape by a new plaintiff.
The charges now relate to five complainants over the age of 16 and are believed to have taken place between October 2020 and August 2021.
Co-accused Louis Saha Matturie, 40, is charged with six counts of rape and one of sexual assault.
The charges against him concern four plaintiffs over the age of 16 and allegedly took place between March 2021 and August 2021.
Mendy and Matturie are due to stand trial on January 24 next year, but Judge Patrick Thompson said the date seemed “unrealistic”.
The France international has been held at HMP Altcourse in Liverpool since being charged with four counts of rape and sexual assault on August 26.
All of the offenses were said to have taken place at his home in Cheshire.
He is accused of raping a woman three times in October last year.
He allegedly raped a second woman while on bail by police in August.
The footballer is also accused of sexual assault in early January
The offenses were said to have taken place in Macclesfield, Cheshire, on July 24 and August 23 of this year.
At a previous hearing, his lawyer Christopher Stables said he vigorously denied the allegations.
Premier League champions City spent £ 49.2million to sign Mendy for the French side of Monaco in 2017.
He earns £ 90,000 a week and lives in a £ 5million mansion in Prestbury, an upscale village near Manchester popular with other players.
He was part of the France team that won the World Cup in 2018, but did not play in the final. He has made 75 appearances for Man City since signing from Monaco in 2017.
Mendy has appeared in Man City’s first two games this season against Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur but was on the bench for his third game against Norwich City.
The next game was against Arsenal, when he was charged.
In September last year, City boss Pep Guardiola revealed that Mendy would be out of the game for at least a month due to injury.
City then suspended the left-back after being charged.
In a statement, the club said: “Manchester City can confirm that after being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.
“The matter is the subject of legal proceedings and the club are therefore not in a position to make any further comments until these proceedings are completed.”